Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Secret Pal Q&A

Enjoy!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? Am I yarn snob? Not really. I just started crocheting over the summer (no knitting here!) so am willing to try anything. I have eyed some of the nicer yarns in my LYS, but have yet to venture into them.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? See question 1! :-)

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) I don’t think disliking smoke really counts as an allergy, although sometimes I wish I could claim that it was! My hubby is rather violently allergic to cats, unfortunately.

4. How long have you been knitting? I have been crocheting since mid-summer.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yup! I have an Amazon wishlist on my homepage.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I usually buy candles for color rather than scent (gotta match the décor!), so as long as it isn’t strongly floral I’ll probably like it. I like bath products that are crisp and clean smelling, like cucumber melon or ocean scents.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Not really. Somehow I was born with the genetic oddity of a salty tooth. I love salty snacks. Let’s say that again. I LOVE SALTY SNACKS! Chips, pretzels, nuts… mmmm…. (picture Homer Simpson drooling here)

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Well, I have been working on my wedding scrapbook on-and-off for awhile. I like scrapping, but somehow always find other things that are more pressing. I am also an avid letterboxer, which involves carving your own stamp from rubber. Very fun… and addictive.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I am actually not a big music person. I have a collection of CDs that I rarely listen to, except on long car rides. When I do listen to anything, it is to my favorite band ever, the Beatles.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I love earthy tones that evoke autumn, my favorite season. I also like really bright, eye-catching color combinations like orange and green or brown and pink. Doesn’t seem to add up, but that’s just me!

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? One hubby of less than a year. No cats because of the aforementioned hubby-allergy to cats. We hope to get a dog one day, but not quite yet.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) I love reading and writing, so something that incorporates them? I’m stretching for an answer here!

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Like I said, I am pretty new to this, so have no clear preferences yet.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I actually don’t like those really poofy, feathery yarns (don’t know what they are called) that I see all over in scarf patterns. A little strong for my tastes.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I want to crochet socks! I envision making cute, funky pairs that let me be a little crazy under my work clothes.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Again, this is a non-answer for me. Sorry!

17. What are you knitting right now? Crocheting a scarf.

18. What do you think about ponchos? I think that fashion has taken a regretable turn in favor of them, and am looking forward to when they are out of style.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? N/a

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? The only hooks I have used are aluminum. They seem nice.

21. Are you a sock knitter? See #15.

22. How did you learn to knit? Recently, one of my crocheting pals gave me a crashcourse lesson. When I was about 6, my mom taught me, as well. That lesson didn’t really take, though!

23. How old is your oldest UFO? N/a

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I love cats, and am saddened almost daily that I can never have one again.

25. What is your favorite holiday? My hubby and I make a big deal of it with each other, so I would have to say Christmas.

26. Is there anything that you collect? No, although given the large amount of reading materials we have amassed, I guess you could say books.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? I have a few listed on my wishlist.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? Just one. I have been wanting to try a felted bag and haven’t yet. I think the Felted Striped Bag and the Felted Bucket Bag at http://www.marloscrochetcorner.com/patterns%20for%20sale.html are adorable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home